Monday, September 28, 2026

Blake Thomas

 By Praguefrank
SESSIONS

fall 2004 /Summer 2005  rented house, Monroe St.,Madison, WI - Blake Thomas and The Downtown Brown (Blake Thomas  [vcl/gt/ harmonica/ banjo], Shauncey Ali [vcl/mandolin/ strings], Jeff Bail [vcl/bass], Justin Kunesh [drums],Teddy Pedriana [keyboards] + Mary gaines [vcl],  John Hasbrouck [slide gt], Adam Davis /  Adam Ollendorff [steel], + Red Chemist: Kyle Alban [trumpet], Steve Resnik [trombone], Jack Whitney [tnr sax])
001 ANYONE TONIGHT
002 SARAH
003 TIP OF YOUR TONGUE
004 I WANNA LEAVE AGAIN
005 MORSELS
006 BOSTON
007 MORNINGS
008 ON GRAND STREET
009 NUTHIN' NEW
010 AGAIN AND AGAIN
011 LONESOME
012 HARDLY IN TUNE 
Tracks above issued on album Real Like Theater
Late Summer 2006 [3 days] DNA Studios, Madison, WI – Blake Thomas (Blake Thomas [vcl/gt/ harmonica], Adam Davis [vcl/steel], Chris Boeger [bass], Scott Beardsley [drums/ percussion], Shauncey Ali [vcl/violin/ viola],  Chris Wagoner [violin/ viola/ mandolin],  Mary Gaines [vcl/cello/ gt], Erik Anderson [organ], Tiffany Burkhardt [vcl])
013 THAT'S HOW YOU GET TO BE FREE
014 IN THE NEW LIFE
015 MY HEAD IS A HOUSE
016 SATISFIED
017 I HAVE CAPTAINED MY HEART
018 KAITLYN
019 SHOOTING STAR
020 SEAHORSES
021 IF I ONLY KNEW HOW
022 ELVIS PRESLEY
023 40 MINUTES
024  ...
025 SMOKE BREAK 
Tracks above issued on album 40 Minutes
3 September 2007 Topsoil Studios, 586 North Main St., Oshkosh, WI – Blake Tjompson (Blake Thompson [vcl/gt], Josh Harty [vcl/gt], Adam Davis [Telecaster], Chris Boeger [bass],Aam Cargin [drums], Shauncey Ali [fiddle],Mat Turner [cello],  Erik Anderson [organ],  Justin Perkins [mellotron])
026 HOW LONG
027 CABIN CAR
028 UP IN FLAMES
029 FLATLANDS
030 LOVE DON'T LIVE ON THE HIGHWAY
031 I DON'T WANT YOUR HEART, I WANT YOUR LIVER
032 FEELIN' LIKE THE MOON
033 PLEASE CASH THIS CHECK
034 FLOWERS
035 WORLD OF WAR
036 IN THE MORNING 
Tracks above issued on album Flatlands
2010 unknown, WI - Blake Thomas and Mary Fox 
037 BANKS OF THE OHIO
038 FLY AROUND, MY PRETTY LITTLE MISS
039 SINGLE GIRL, MARRIED GIRL
040 MIGHTY MISSISSIPPI
041 SUGAR HILL
042 OH BABE, IT AIN'T NO LIE
043 I TRULY UNDERSTAND
044 HOPALONG PETER
045 EVERYTHING I KNOW
046 WILDWOOD FLOWER
047 BIG BALL'S IN TOWN
048 LET THE SPIRIT DESCEND   
Tracks above issued on album Our Town
late July 2010 [7 days]  Blast House Studios, 1117 Jonathon Dr, Madison, WI – Blake Thomas (Blake Thomas [vcl/gt/ harmonica], Mary Fix [vcl], Justin Bricco [vcl/ac gt], Jim Schwall [el gt],  Josh Harty [vcl/el gt], Jeremiah Nelson [el gt], Louka Patenaude [vcl/bass], Chris Sasman [drums/cymbals], Chris Wagoner [fiddle/mandolin/ lap steel], Mary Gaines [vcl/cello], Teddy Pedriana [keyboards/tambourine])
049 FIRE AND BONES
050 KEEPING SCORE
051 BAD LOVE
052 MAYBELLE
053 TEARS IN A BUCKET
054 THE LAST THING
055 BREAKING EVEN
056 LET ME PLAY IN YOUR SHOW
057 CRADLE TO THE GROUND
058 THE WINDOW AND THE LIGHT 
Tracks above issued on album The Window and The Light
2012 [original cast recordings-musical Stay Tuned] unknown -  Mary Fox, Andy Frye, Ryan Nelson, Jessica Lind Peterson, Blake Thomas and Dan Hopman (Orchestra:  Blake Thomas  [vcl/gt/ keyboards/ percussion/ bass/ banjo/ lap steel/ fiddle/ accordion/ dulcimer/ sax], Colin Monette [el gt], Kellie Nitz [bass],  Chris Sasman [drums], Chris Wagoner [violin], Shauncey Ali [violin/viola], Mary Gaines [cello])
05801 LOVE WILL LIFT YOU UP '52
05802 EMERALD-INTRO/SUGAR-MOON/BLUE-COAL
05803 AND ON AND ON IT GOES
05804 WHEN THAT GREAT SHIP WENT DOWN
05805 JD GREENE
05806 LITTLE WHITE LIES
05807 BRAND NEW WORLD (LOKI FEAT. D-RAZ)
05808 BACK HOME
05809 WHEN THE WORLD IS MARRIED TO MY DREAMS
05810 LITTLE-BIT-A-BEER (WILLARDS INTRO)
05811 ANSWER ME THIS
05812 LOVE WILL LIFT YOU UP
05813 IS IT STRANGE? (HIGH AND LOW)
Tracks above issud on album Stay Tuned
2014 [live] Blake's Attic, Minneapolis, MN - Josh Harty and Blake Thomas
05814 YOU AND I
05815 SARAH
05816 NOWHERE
05817 HOW LONG
05818 SWEET SOLUTION
05819 SATISFIED
05820 COUNTRY SONG
05821 BREAKING EVEN
05822 PHONE LINES
05823 WORLD OF WAR
Tracks above issued on EP The Attic Sessions
2024 unknown - Trey Burnart Hall (Blake Thomas [vcl-added through AI]
05824 NIGHT
05825 HOLLER
05826 MERRY
05827 ROAD
05828 GONE
05829 DRINKIN'
05830 RAININ'
05831 GENEALOGY
Tracks above issued on album Songs I Can Sing

ALBUMS
Blake Thomas no # Real Like Theater
: Anyone Tonight; Sarah; Tip Of Your Tongue; I Wanna Leave Again; Morsels; Boston; Mornings; On Grand Street; Nuthin' New; Again and Again; Lonesome; Hardly In Tune  – 13-10-05
Blake Thomas no # 40 Minutes:  That's How You Get to Be Free;  In the New Life;  My Head Is a House;  Satisfied;  I Have Captained My Heart;  Kaitlyn;  Shooting Star;  Seahorses;  If I Only Knew How;  Elvis Presley;  40 Minutes;  ...;  Smoke Break – 29-11-06
Blake Thomas no # Flatlands:  How Long;  Cabin Car;  Up in Flames;  Flatlands;  Love Don't Live On the Highway;  I Don't Want Your Heart, I Want Your Liver;  Feelin' Like the Moon;  Please Cash This Check;  Flowers;  World of War;  In the Morning – 16-07-08
Blake Thomas no # Our Town:  Banks of the Ohio; Fly Around, My Pretty Little Miss; Single Girl, Married Girl; Mighty Mississippi; Sugar Hill; Oh Babe, It Ain't No Lie; I Truly Understand; Hopalong Peter; Everything I Know; Wildwood Flower; Big Ball's In Town; Let The Spirit Descend  – 11-02-11  Blake Thomas and Mary Fox 
Blake Thomas no # The Window and The Light:  Fire and Bones; Keeping Score;  Bad Love;  Maybelle;  Tears In A Bucket;  The Last Thing;  Breaking Even;  Let Me Play In Your Show;  Cradle To the Ground;  The Window and the Light – 28-05-11
Blake Thomas no # Stay Tuned: Love Will Lift You Up '52; Emerald-Intro/Sugar-Moon/Blue-Coal; And On And On It Goes; When That Great Ship Went Down; JD Greene; Little White Lies; Brand New World (Loki feat. D-Raz); Back Home; When The World Is Married To My Dreams; Little-Bit-A-Beer (Willards Intro); Answer Me This; Love Will Lift You Up; Is It Strange? (High and Low) – 05-04-13 (original cast recording, Blake Thomas, Mary Fox and Andy Frye)
Blake Thomas and Josh Harty no # The Attic Sessions: You and I; Sarah; Nowhere; How Long; Sweet Solution; Satisfied; Country Song; Breaking Even; Phone Lines; World Of War - 04-11-14 w. Josh Harty
Two Sheds ?  Songs I Can Sing:  Night;  Holler;  Merry;  Road;  Gone;  Drinkin';  Rainin';  Genealogy – 14-06-24



No comments:

Post a Comment